PE will be on a Tuesday. Please send PE kit to school with your child along with a suitable pair of trainers.
Swimming lessons- Week beginning 29th September.
Homework will be sent out on a Friday and will be due in school the following Friday.
This half term, our topic is 'Off With Her Head', which has a history focus where we will learn about the life and times of the Tudors and the Tudor Monarchs from 1485-1603. At the heart of the project, we will learn how apply our 'Literacy and Language' skills to present a persuasive argument in scripts, reports and verbal presentations to defend one of Henry's wives in a Tudor court.
We will be learning about:
- The Battle of Bosworth to understand how Henry Tudor became King in 1485.
- The everyday lives of the rich and poor Tudor people.
- The Kings and Queens of the Tudor period and their impact on society.
- How to use first hand and secondary sources of evidence and evaluate their accuracy.
- Crime and punishment in Tudor times and how human rights have changed.
I look forward to hearing your persuasive arguments to defend Henry's wives.