This project has an art focus and explores the artwork of a variety of artists from different periods of history and develops children’s painting skills using a range of materials. Pupils apply their skills and understanding by opening their own art gallery to exhibit their work in our school.
In this project the children will learn:
• How the work of various artists throughout history has been used to express their views, and how artists’ work reflected the times they lived in;
• How artists use various skills to work with different media;
• How art can be used to express the views of the artist;
• How to organise a display of artwork;
• How to use ICT to find information, display information and create art;
• How to use art to express feelings and opinions.
We will be having an artist workshop on 20th November for pupils to learn and develop their techniques.
We will be visiting an art gallery on 4th December in preparation for opening our own art gallery in school later on in the month.