Fire of London and the Gunpowder Plot and how these are remembered. At the heart
of this project children write factual and historical recounts and develop
additional skills in the writing of diary entries and sequencing stories. In the
Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by creating their
own class museum.
In this project the children will learn:
• About life in 1600’s England;
• How to use a range of historical source materials including ICT;
• About two significant events of the time, the Gunpowder Plot and the Great Fire of London;
• About significant people of the time including Guy Fawkes, Tom Farrier and Samuel Pepys;
• About the dangers of fire and how to keep safe;
• How to write recounts and diaries of real events;
• How to express their ideas about fire through painting and textile work.