This Project teaches children about the importance of happiness, health, well-being and celebrations. At the heart of this project children will write explanation texts and develop additional skills of sentence writing, use of adjectives and writing to record ideas and experiences.
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by holding a ‘Happy Day’ with parents and families.
In this project the children will learn:
• How to understand and appreciate their own feelings and the feelings of others;
• How to eat healthily and how this affects your well being;
• How to keep safe and how being safe keeps us happy and well;
• How to describe emotions and feelings through drama, dance, art and music;
• About significant happy life events that are celebrated;
• How to collect information in a variety of ways, including photography, art, music, reading, ICT and writing;
• How to present information in an interesting way.