In this project the children will learn:
• About life in 1600’s England;
• How to use a range of historical source materials including ICT;
• About two significant events of the time, the Gunpowder Plot and the Great Fire of London;
• About significant people of the time including Guy Fawkes, Tom Farrier and Samuel Pepys;
• About the dangers of fire and how to keep safe;
• How to write recounts and diaries of real events;
• How to express their ideas about fire through painting and textile work.